The Village Administrator is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Village as stated in the General Law Village Act and supplemented by policies established by Council. The Administrator is selected by the Village Council on the basis of training and ability alone without regard to his/her political preferences.
Duties: The Village Administrator is hired to serve the council and the community and to bring to the City the benefits of training and experience in administering local government projects and programs on behalf of the governing body. The Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Village, including, but not limited to the following:
- Carries out the council's policies
- Prepares a budget for the Council's consideration
- Administers operating budget
- Serves as the community development director
- Provides oversight for all facility/utility construction projects
- Facilitates organizational and community strategic planning activities
- Recruits, hires and supervises the government's staff
- Serves as the council's chief adviser
Responsibilities: Council members count on the Village Administrator to provide complete and objective information, pros and cons of the alternatives and long-term consequences. The Village Administrator makes policy recommendations to the council, but the council may or may not adopt them, and may modify the recommendations. The Village Administrator is bound by whatever action the council takes.
The Village Administrator can be reached at 989-845-3800 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.