If you are planning a vacation, don't forget to notify the Chesaning Police Department.
When a resident of the Village of Chesaning goes on vacation, the Police Department can offer extra patrol to check on your property. The Vacation Watch Program should give you some peace of mind while you're away.
Here's how it works:
Complete and submit a request below online or call the Chesaning Police Department at (989) 845-2550
**NOTE: The Chesaning Police Department does not guarantee the security of your home while you are gone. Home checks are done when call load allows, which may not be not be each day.
Along with notifying us of your absence, here are a few other safety measures you will want to follow.
- Notify a friend, relative or trusted neighbor that you'll be away and leave emergency phone numbers with them in case they need to reach you.
- Be sure all of your doors, windows and gates are locked when you leave.
- Manually lock your garage door from the inside and disengage your electronic device, this eliminates the possibility of thieves entering with garage door decoders.
- Be sure to stop your mail and your newspaper deliveries or have a friend, relative or trusted neighbor bring it in for you daily.
- Put a couple of indoor lights and your radio on a light timer - this gives the illusion someone is home.
- Arrange for someone to take care of your lawn while you're away.
You may print and complete the form below. (Online version coming soon)
DOWNLOAD FORM HERE