close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Frequently Asked Questions


I have yellow tap water. What is causing it and how do I fix it?
Dirt and other naturally occurring sediments settle at the bottom of the water supply lines. If something causes the water passing through the pipes to speed up, (such as a water main break, high service demand, or even firefighting) the fatter flow can stir up the sediment and cause your water to appear yellow or brown.
  • Let water un until it clears up
  • Remover aerator, clean it or replace it
Corroded faucet/rust household plumbing
  • Replace old plumbing with new
Hot Water Heater
  • Replace the water heater

Tips to find the source of the yellow tap water
  • With aerators off, turn the water on and if it is yellow for the first few seconds every time before it becomes clear there is probably a problem with the pipes inside your home.
  • Check and see if there have been any water breaks or work done in the area that could have stirred up any sediment.
How do I make an online payment?

Click on the "Online Payments" tab to pay by credit card.  You must first create an account.  Both utility bills and tax payments can be made online.  A 3% service charge will apply to credit card transactions.

What should I do if I have a plugged sewer?

In order for the DPW to clean your sewer, you must have an outside clean-out on the village right-of-way.  Please locate it and make sure it's visible.  The crew will only clean from the clean-out to the main.  Your service line is your responsibility.  If you do not have an outside clean-out, you will have to make other arrangements.  If you need assistance after hours, you must call 911 and they will reach the person on duty.

How do I report a pothole, streetlight outage or other issues?

You may call the Village Office Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM or send us an email through our "Contact" page.

How do I contact the Police Department?

If you have an emergency please call 911.  For non-emergency calls, they may be reached at (989) 845-2550.

How do I reserve the a park pavilion?

Call the Village Office Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM.

Is burning allowed in the village?

You are allowed to have a small enclosed fire pit for a campfire.  It is only permissible to burn wood.  No leaves, brush or building materials may be burned.

What should I do if my garbage/recycling pick up was missed?

You should call Granger Customer Service at (517) 372-2800.

I am buying or selling property in the village.  What do I need to do?

Before closing on a property, an Inflow and Infiltration inspection must be performed.  Please contact our office to set this up at least 3 weeks prior to your closing date. Upon transfer of ownership, the seller should contact us for a final water read and the buyer should contact us with their information.