Public Notice: Virtual Meetings due to COVID-19 - February 2021
In the interest of protecting public health and facilitating compliance with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ Emergency Order, the Chesaning Village Council will hold a virtual meeting, permitted by Michigan State Senate Bill 1108 of 2020, with the sole purpose to conduct essential business necessary to ensure that village operations continue without interruption during the COVID 19 pandemic. Individuals interested in participating in the virtual meeting can do so through the Zoom meeting platform.
The Village will post access information necessary for participation for every meeting which shall include the meeting identification number, access password, and access telephone number on our website (www.villageofchesaning.org) and our Facebook Page. Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ Emergency Order necessitates that the Village hold its February 2nd, 2021 meeting in a virtual format to protect public health.
The Village Council will be utilizing the normal agenda format for the virtual meetings. Individuals are not required to identify themselves unless they wish to speak during the regular public comment times identified on the agenda. At that point, to participate the individual will be required to give their name and address as is required at all Village Council meetings.
Individuals who may have questions regarding the virtual meetings are encouraged to contact the Village Office at 989-845-3800.
To access the meeting:
- Go to www.zoom.us
- Select Join a Meeting
- Enter meeting identification number.
- Enter password. You will be granted access to the meeting.
- If you wish to speak during public comment you will need to use the “raise hand” function to let the meeting administrator know you would like to speak. (Instructions will be included in the Zoom video feed)
To join via phone:
1) Dial phone number below.
2) Enter meeting identification number.
3) Enter password. You will be granted access to the meeting.
- If you wish to speak during public comment you will need to press *9 to let the meeting administrator know you would like to speak.
FEBRUARY 2ND VIRTUAL MEETING ACCESS INFORMATION:
Zoom Meeting Identification Number: 867 6100 6449
Telephone Number: 1-312-626-6799